Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kuyki-do Championships April 2008




Aren't my kids tough? LOL! They have been doing Kuyki-do for almost a year now, and they both love it. Kuyki-do, for those of you who aren't familar with the sport, is a form of mixed martial arts. It stems off from Tae-kwon Do, but the differnce is Tae-Kwon Do is more of a non-contacts "pretend" fighting, and this is the real deal! It made me kinda nervous at first because the were kicking and punching each other, and I thought for sure this would lead to them punching each other or someone else out! They both have been very respectable of the sport, and I am very proud of them for doing so. They are both really good at it too. I promise I am not just saying that because they are my kids, the both just rock! They both kicked butt at the tournament in April of this year, and I wanted to show them both off a little to my friends and family. Ausitn took first place in both "Sparring" and "Forms" and Alyssa took 1st place in "Forms" and 2nd place in "Sparring" Way to go Lyss and Aust, you both are TOUGH!

2 comments:

Heidi P said...

WOW Look at those tough kids!! That is so awesome! That is so great to have them in something that will help them to feel good about themselves and help protect them if they need it. Way fun. Cute kiddos! :) And blog! :)

Stephanie F. said...

Hey, this is Heidi's sister :) Where do your kids do kyuki-do? My 8 year old, Asher, took from the place on Lehi Main Street until March of this year. He quit when we moved to Alpine, but I'd love to get him back into it. Email me! ldyduchess@aol.com