Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's late and I can't sleep

Therefore I will post! I can't sleep as usual, so I thought I would take a few minutes to say a few things that have been on my mind. I miss sleeping. I am so tired lately, yet I can't seem to fall asleep. My mind is racing, yet my body cannot move. Any suggestions? Anyhow, I have been thinking a lot lately about the world, and all of it's problems. I have to say I am truly scared for my children to continue growing up. I look at each one of them every time they leave for the bus, or want to go to a friends house, and it scares me to death to watch them go. The world is so unpredictable and so much scarier than I ever remember it being when I was younger. I lay awake at night and worry, what if? I also fret over not being prepared for what is to come for all of us in the future. I know I must sound like a crazy person, but these are the things that worry me. Also, I know if I were more prepared, spiritually and physically, this wouldn't scare me so much. I know there is not much I can do about the crazy world we live in, but there is so much I can do to prepare the way for children's future and our eternity together, I just worry I am running out of time. Sorry to sound so morbid and weird, but it helps to say this out loud, or in type.

2 comments:

Heidi P said...

I love this post! You don't sound crazy-- Or I just am too!! ;)

It is scary...It is way nuts how awful the world is. We just need to focus on all the light, and good there is. I think about Pres. Hinckley a lot. He was such a good example of this.

Crainial helps with sleeping. And extra B vitamins helps with the overwhelming fears...I know, bc I was just looking for the same answers too! :) Good luck.

Zoe said...

I agree with both of you. It is getting scary. I always worry too that I am not prepared enough. I am a lot like you Nicole where there are some nights that I cannot turn my brain off! I never fight it, I always get out of bed and do stuff too. Some of the best posts come at those times. You are a great mama to your kids. They will be safe because they have you. :)