Monday, March 2, 2009

Kiara, Ocotber 4, 1998 - February 10, 2009


Our sweet puupy of almost eleven years passed away a few weeks ago. I have been meaning to make this post, but I haven't had the heart. She was such a fun, loving, and wonderful part of our family. She added so much spunk to every day at our house. The boys and JT wrestled and played with her, and Alyssa shared her pillow with her every night. Not only did she add so much love to our home, she taught Alyssa the meaning of responsibility. She was her dog, therefore she was responsible to maintain her pup. Kiara was Alyssa's Christmas gift at the age of only 18 months. From the age of about 4, she fed her, watered her, took her out to play and go to the bathroom, and even cleaned up her messes! Right up to the very end when she layed by her side until she passed away. what a sad day at our home, lots of tears and many nights of not sleeping. She was a best friend to Alyssa, the boys will miss her dearly,and she was a big part of our family. JT and I feel like we have lost a piece of our family. I am proud of Alyssa for taking such good care of her dog, and I am sure that Kiara loves Alyssa so much for all the love Alyssa gave to her. Good bye Kiara, we love you and we miss you.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sorry about your loss. It's always hard to lose a member of the family. Such a sad story, when you told it at bunko I wanted to cry.

Heidi P said...

Awww...I am so sorry. I am glad you posted this. I bet she's still watching out for your family. :)
*HUG*